Websites For Local Businesses
What Type of Websites are Advised for Small Local Businesses
We all know how important it is today to have a website that not only drives traffic to your site, but also generates leads, sales and revenues. Statistics tell us that nowadays more than half of the purchases made begin with some sort of a web search which is why you want to be certain to have the right type of website in place for your small local business.
What to Include on your Website
There is a wide range of elements that are necessary when building your website for your small local business. Besides making your website look good, making it user friendly and even inspirational is important to the success of your small business. Every local business owner wants to be able to not only drive traffic to their site, but certainly to generate revenues that ultimately lead to the success of their website and their small business.
Essential Elements of your Small Local Business Website
There are specific elements that should be incorporated into your small business website that will certainly provide an effective and efficient way of doing business. These special elements include:
- A concise description of what your company is all about and what you do. Include your full name, an adequate description of your products and/or services, and a simple intro that tells visitors right up front that they have come to the right place. This concise description will quickly attract the attention of users and keep them from clicking the x in the upper right corner.
- Include clear and easy to access contact information. You want any and all visitors to your site to be able to contact you if need be and being able to locate your contact information easily will make for a happy visitor to your site. It makes good sense to include contact information on every one of your web pages.
- Be certain to choose a very simple and direct domain name. Since your domain name is much like your brand name, you want to do whatever it takes to get that name out there and to keep it as simple as possible. Your domain name should be very simple and easy for users to insert it into a browser and, as a rule of thumb, should not include any numbers or dashes. Be certain to use the .com domain since it is the most popular and most recognized by all users.
- Be sure that you have a site map that is easy to navigate and that you also use clear and concise links to your most informative and important web pages. Both a site map and links are important components that help visitors to your site to find exactly what they are looking for. Drop downs are beneficial and make it easy for people to visit the various pages that fall under a specific heading on your home page.
- Have a section for testimonials and customer reviews and experiences. This section allows visitors to learn about your company, your products and/or services, and you. This section is important to your overall reputation and presence in the industry.
- Be certain that all your content is quality and fresh. You want to impress those first time visitors to your site, and even your existing customers, so be sure to give them just what they are looking for.
- Have a call to action on your web page. Be clear and concise in your ‘instructions.’
- Make absolute certain that your hosting platform is secure. Nobody wants to have their information and website hacked, so making certain that your hosting platform is secured will alleviate this issue altogether.
Happy Site Visitors
Small local businesses are important to our communities and deserve a fair chance to succeed. Small businesses do not require extravagant layouts and design of their websites in order to be successful. As a matter of fact the average person nowadays prefers ‘simple’ over complex. So following these important steps can greatly assist you in creating a website for your small business that is not only successful to your business, but every bit successful to the happiness and ease of use of all your site visitors.